Improve the efficiency of your salon’s email blasts with tips from the Inc.com article “Email Marketing: 6 Tricks for Better Results.” Inc.com contributor Michael Mothner describes email marketing to your company’s customer list as “one of the most overlooked avenues to consistent results and revenues.” Do it right with these tips from Mothner:
- Email more often… Most campaigns consist of a monthly newsletter and sporadic announcements. You should try to send emails at least once a week, if not more.
- …But change it up! Make sure the offers and messages in your emails vary. Keep it fun, witty and fresh. Doing so will keep customers from unsubscribing to your emails and keep your company on top of their minds.
- Use “remails.” Resend messages to those who didn’t open it but with a drastically different subject line. “This could offer a 20% to 100% increase in results, with just a few minutes of work,” Mothner writes.
- Make it compatible. Make sure your emails are compatible with desktop software, Web-based email and mobile devices. Also, make sure your messages are readable without the images showing, as many programs automatically disable images.
- Have a clear call to action. “Each email you send should have a clear, primary goal and call to action—one single thing you want every user to do,” Mothner writes. Make a single point, and make it quickly.
- Don’t forget your bestsellers. Don’t assume that you don’t need to feature your core products or services in emails because your customers already know about them. It’s good to feature new products, services and deals, but don’t neglect the products and services that are the centerpiece of your business.
To read the entire article from Inc.com, please click here.