By Mike Concannon, Sunless, Inc.
Make it easier and more valuable for customers to say “yes” to spray tanning, and they are more likely to say “yes” more often.
- Remove the anxiety:
- At least one staffer on every shift should be sporting a fresh spray tan
- Seeing is believing, and staffers will help overcome the dreaded fear of ‘orange’
- Make it easy to say “yes”
- “Free” should actually mean free!
- During free spray days, make the entire tan free – no upsell or upcharge
- Offer the next two tans (all options) at 2 for $30
- Customers say “too expensive”
- Research has shown the main reason people don’t spray tan more often is it’s “too expensive”.
- Price spray tan single sessions, packages and EFT at a price that makes spray tanning a spontaneous/impulse decision.
- Mani/Pedi session price is $20-$30 (without EFT), and sales have exploded.
- 3 spray sessions x $25 is worth a lot more to a salon than 1 x $40/$45/$50.
- Test a simplified, easy-to-understand price: Basic spray tan (any level) at $18 and an “any and all-add-ons” option for $25.
Click here to read the entire article in the latest issue of Smart Tan Magazine online.